Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today’s blog-post will be short and sweet.
I love Jesus! I really do! The more that I know about Him and the more that I know Him, the more precious I find Him to be. Here are five reasons why I am grateful for Jesus.
- Because He sees me from the perspective of who He can make me and not just from the perspective of who I am right now.
- Because He is better than me in every way. If Jesus was only as good as I am, then I would not have the hope that I have in Him. Because He is so loving, because He has my best interests at heart, and because He is so much better than me, I am so confident in and so touched by the reality that He is both able and willing to help me to keep growing and becoming the person that He means for me to be.
- Because He is full of self-sacrificing love. We humans often love others because others meet some need of ours. Because many of us function this way, when our loved ones no longer meet our felt or actual needs, we often stop loving them. Jesus isn’t like this. Jesus loves because He is loving to the most extreme degree. We don’t have much to give Jesus, and we often hurt Him and make Him sad, but He continues to love us despite all of this. I want more of this kind of love. I am tired of loving people only because of what they do for me. I want to love people because Christ has made me loving…truly loving.
- Because He does not judge people in the way in which we do. There are times when we may see people as absolute failures while Jesus hears their heartfelt cries expressing their deep desires to be different people than the people that they are. Jesus judges everyone righteously and honestly because He knows each and every heart. What a loving Jesus!
- Because He is faithful and consistent. He is “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” Hebrews 13:8 (KJV ——————————————————————————— Jesus is truly wonderful, and what makes Him even more wonderful is that He will always do wonderful things in the lives of any person who will accept Him as his or her Savior, Friend and Lord. I hope that you all will stay with me on this journey of getting to know Jesus better. I am excited as I think about some of the things that I will be sharing in the future.
Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving. 🙂